BLING YOUR BAG - Essentials (3 Charms)
Bling your bag or adorn your key chain with an adorable mini-bag charm!
About This Collection — "ESSENTIALS"
The ESSENTIALS collection is part of the Bling Your Bag Pattern series of patterns. All the charms in this collection use the same construction method. And each opens and closes with a snap. Edges are left raw. These charms can be sewn on a domestic machine using cork or a thin vinyl. Approximate finished size for each charm is 3" tall x 2 1/4" wide x 3/4" deep. This pattern...
Includes 3 Charm Styles:
Materials (See PDF page image for details.)
- Fabric: These charms require minimal fabric. (Scraps can be used)
- Hardware: 2 small rivets and 1 closure snap or button
Pattern Appendix includes:
- Rivets By Popular Brands — a convenient look-up table that includes available rivet sizes by cap size along with their post height for some popular brands
Snaps + Buttons — some helpful tips for closure hardware
Effort & Skill:
- Effort: Easy, quick to make
- Level: Advanced Beginner
- Skills: Topstitching, boxed corners, rivet installation, snap or button installation
About the BLING YOUR BAG series
Bling Your Bag is a series of different pattern offerings that are mini-collections based on a theme. All charms use minimal fabric. They are fun, fast and easy to make. All charms can be sewn on a domestic machine using cork or a thin vinyl. Depending on the specific mini-collection:
- a different number of charms may be included in that pattern
- some charms may open/close with a snap, some remain closed, and some remain open.
- some charms will require a bit more attention to detail if you choose to incorporate the optional accents that may vary by charm.
***Disclaimer: PDF patterns are not refundable once downloaded.***
Sam Abdo, Dealer Extraordinaire of Industrial Sewing Machines
Sunny Sewing Machines, Dallas, TX USA
Sam is a member of many of the sewing Facebook Groups. He's always around to answer our industrial machine questions.
Sam can can build and sell industrial machines, but have you ever wondered if he can make something with one?
Sam has never sewn a bag before. But being a good sport, he volunteered to sew a mini-bag charm from this collection on camera. He chose to do his charm in leather, skived it on a THOR RE-T801, and sewed it on a THOR 1541 industrial walking-foot sewing machine.
Watch this quick video and see what his colleagues at Sunny Sewing had to say about his charm.