TREASURE TOTE - Main Pattern
The Treasure Tote is a small open-top tote that sews simply and adorns distinctly. The straps are embellished with grommets for a unique, stylish look. This tote is the perfect size to transport your treasures or use as an impressive gift bag. No need to reuse those unsightly plastic grocery bags, when instead you can grab'n go with this one in style!
11" tall x 9" wide x 4" deep
EFFORT - FAST AND EASY TO MAKE
The Treasure Tote can be completed in a day. The pattern has minimal pieces and uses a simple wrap-around gusset. The tote can be made soft for casual use or as a gift bag, or given a more structured and boxy-look look depending on the interfacing you use as indicated in the pattern.
The pattern can be sewn on a domestic or an industrial machine. (The piece for an optional stiffer interfacing is left out of the seams. And the unique strap construction method minimizes bulk.)
- Two different strap layout diagrams are provided as a creative option
- Two grommet templates simplify placement and help you size your holes
- A grommet look-up table with sizes for the most popular grommet brands, makes selecting the right type and size a breeze.
- A complete grommet tutorial in the appendix makes installing grommets fool proof — "Grommets Made Easy"
Grommets Made Easy: This appendix simplifies everything you need to know. (See image of contents page.) With this tutorial installing grommets is fool-proof. You'll be surprised how easy they are with this tutorial. One tester said:
"Who knew grommets could be so easy. This tutorial does everything but install them for you!"
FABRIC + MATERIALS
- Exterior: Woven or Vinyl for main panels | Vinyl or Cork for accents
- Lining: Waterproof Canvas or a stabilized Quilting Cotton
Note: This pattern was not designed for leather. However, it can be sewn in leather with modifications not currently included in the pattern.
See included image of Material Page for detail.
ADD-ONS AVAILABLE SEPARATELY
Two Pattern Add-Ons are available for the Treasure Tote in a separate listing:
- "Rivet" Add-On: includes a separate template and instructions for making the tote with Rivets instead of grommets
- "Extras" Pattern Add-On: includes 4 items to modify the tote--a recessed zipper for a closed tote, drop-in lining, instructions to modify straps to eliminate the overhang, and a template to add optional bag feet.
- The adorable bag charms you see featured in some of the images is a separate pattern collection. See the separate product listings.
- Images that display tassels and bag charms are for inspiration only. These items are not included as part of this pattern.
- PDF patterns once downloaded are not refundable.
View Show-Off Video
***IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER - READ BEFORE PURCHASE***
No refunds once downloaded. Please respect the work of the designer and testers who put great effort into the design of this pattern. By purchasing this pattern you agree to all that follows below.
You agree not to photocopy, reproduce, or share the pattern in any format with another individual or entity. You may make copies for your personal use. If you are an instructor using this pattern, your students must each purchase their own copy. You may not offer for sale acrylic templates, SVG/Cut Files, or embroidery file versions of this pattern. You may not copy or use specific pieces from this pattern to make other patterns for sale or distribution to others.
You may sell sewn items you make from this pattern providing they are not mass-produced. We are delighted and honored when you post images online of your final sew ups from this pattern. And of course, mentioning the pattern name and URL is always appreciated.
If you have interest in doing any instructional videos on any aspects of this pattern, on YouTube or otherwise, please contact the designer for permission in advance. In most cases, consent for this will not be unreasonably withheld providing pattern pieces themselves are not visible in the imagery or specific dimensions revealed.
If you have a business interest in re-selling this pattern, please contact the designer for permission to arrange licensing with a re-sale agreement. Contact information is on the web site.